- DEFINITION OF COOKIES
Cookies are small portions of text that the site visited by the user sends to the terminal of the latter (specifically, usually to the browser used), where they are stored to be sent back to the same site on the occasion of a subsequent visit by the same user.
- TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies, in general, can be classified according to the origin and the persistence. In particular, under the first profile – that of origin – it is possible to split cookies into two categories, namely «first-party cookies» and «third-party cookies»; while, with respect to the second one – that of persistence – it is possible to divide the cookies into «persistent cookies» and «session cookies». Specifically, as follows.
- First-party cookies: they are those that are normally managed by the owner/publisher of the website and, therefore, are sent to the user’s browser directly from the site itself.
- Third-party cookies: they are those that are managed by a third party, unrelated to the site visited by the user. Typically, this type of cookie is present in those websites where there are advertisements or banner ads, which refer to other websites.
- Persistent cookies: those that have a specific expiration date and, therefore, do not expire directly when the browser is closed; but, after a determined period of time or on a certain date established by the cookie creator. This type of cookie is used, for example, to record information on a user’s web browsing habits for a prolonged period of time or to keep the access to the site memorized by means of an account (the credentials are stored in it).
- Session cookies (navigation): those that do not have an expiration date and, therefore, not being persistent, are deleted when the browser is closed.
Furthermore, cookies can be subdivided into additional categories depending on their use. Below are the most common categories of cookies.
- Analytical/statistical cookies: these are the ones that are normally used to collect information in aggregate form on the number of users who visit the site and also on how users navigate (for example, on the number of «clicks» made on a determined page).
- Social network cookies: they are those that, although not necessary for navigation, are used so that your social account can interact with the site visited by the user (for example, through the sharing function). These cookies allow social networks (specifically Facebook, Instagram, Google +, LinkedIn and Twitter) to identify their users, collecting the latter information even while browsing on other sites.
- Cookies for storing preferences (functional): they are those that favour the correct use of the site by the user, storing – for example – the language chosen by the user. These cookies, although not essential, improve both the quality and the browsing experience.
- Advertising cookies: they are those that are used to provide advertising space. In particular, by means of these cookies are sent advertisements that correspond to the user’s behaviour and to the network interests. They can also be used to test advertising campaigns, managing to memorize if ads have been selected and when. It is specified that, generally, these data are collected anonymously.
- Technical cookies: these are used to facilitate access and use of the site by the user. In particular, these are indispensable in delicate transactions, such as those of home banking or payment with credit cards and other systems.
- COOKIES USED BY THIS SITE
It is noted that the owner of the treatment One on One S.r.l. does not control and has no way to supervise the content and policies of processing personal data on websites. Therefore, please refer to these sites to view the relevant information on the protection of personal data, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
One on One S.r.l. cannot under any circumstances be held responsible for the processing carried out through or in relation to such third party sites.
- MANAGEMENT AND DISABILITY OF COOKIES
Users can request information on how to disable cookies used by this site by contacting the data controller at the e-mail address email@example.com